Let’s talk about CJ.
Another filmmaker from the South. At the end of these questions, see some awards CJ bagged in 2012.
1. What’s the last movie you saw in cinema and with whom?
The Hobbit, with my sisters
2. What’s the next movie you’re going to watch on big screen?
Life of Pi
3. Who’s that actor/actress you wanna sleep with hahaha
4. Is there a film that made a huge impact in your childhood in one way or another?
Hook, really wanted to go to neverland!
5. What film genre are you most comfy watching?
Feel good movies and documentary films
6. What movies have made you cry like stupid?
A lot! Such a cry baby! But the first movie that made me cry was Short Circuit. When Johhny Five got beaten up, waterworks!
7. What’s your all-time favorite film (foreign and local)?
Fight Club and Magnifico
8. If you are to pitch a movie, what story are you going to tell?
Stories of different people in different walks of life.
9. Do you follow the works of a certain director?
No one in particular
10. Why should the Philippines watch regional films?
It is the song of our people!
CJ Liamzon (Davao City) is the director of Sintunado, 8th Mindanao Film Festival Best Film, Best Cinematography, and Best Production Design–watch it this February at Cinema Rehiyon.
Cinema Rehiyon 5 is co-presented by UPLB Foundation Inc. and Pelikulab. The much-awaited film festival will be in UPLB on February 5-8, 2013.
Cinema Rehiyon is the flagship project of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts–Cinema Committee.