Let’s talk about films.
Many people love watching movies, some make films… and a few crazy ones, like Kei here, study them and head a cool film festival.
1. What’s the last movie you saw in cinema and with whom?
2. What’s the next movie you’re going to watch on the big screen?
3. Who’s that actor/actress you wanna sleep with hahaha
4. Is there a film that made a huge impact in your childhood in one way or another?
Not really the film, but the movie theaters. We lived near Avenida (Rizal Ave.) where a lot of old movie houses are located. My titos and titas would bring us there once in a while as a treat.
5. What film genre are you most comfy watching?
6. What movies have made you cry like stupid?
7. What’s your all-time favorite film (international and local)?
8. If you are to pitch a movie, what story are you going to tell?
9. Do you follow the works of a certain director?
10. Why should the Philippines watch regional films?
Simply because it is our own stories! These films tell stories closest to our being. They highlight our diverse cultures and let us rediscover who we are as a people.
Kei Tan is the Festival Director of Cinema Rehiyon 5 and assistant professor at the UPLB Department of Humanities.
Cinema Rehiyon 5 is co-presented by UPLB Foundation Inc. and Pelikulab. The much-awaited film festival will be in UPLB on February 5-8, 2013.
Cinema Rehiyon is the flagship project of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts–Cinema Committee.